Giving your employees the gift of a TV in the break room or a fridge stocked with high end sodas and coffees can motivate them to work a bit harder. Non-cash incentives come in many forms, but break time fun might be the best motivator.
Break Time Incentives: When you have employees it will be important for you to motivate them. As in all professions and various ways to earn a living, after a time the job becomes just that – a job. No matter what it is and how exciting or stimulating it may be, it will become somewhat routine at some point and motivation can wane in even the very best of employees.
There’s magic in what you do for them outside of the cash bonuses and increases in pay that you may offer. Non-cash incentives tend to draw interest in nearly everyone. Who doesn’t like gifts, after all? Even those who can afford to buy anything they wish enjoy receiving something bought just for them. With employees, a business owner can use this concept to elicit good response and stimulate a new enthusiasm for the work at hand. When employees know that their work is appreciated it does make a difference.
Break time goodies may be one of the favorites of all workplace incentives.
- Even if you have just one employee, there will be a need for time out to recoup, eat lunch, or just take a breather.
- If you don’t have a break area, present the employees with a patio table and chairs outdoors if weather permits.
- If you have space to do so, put up a flat screen TV in an area aside from the work stations and allow some down time each day.
- Trendy organizations have innovative and nontraditional ways for their employees to relax. Some provide a pool or ping pong table, some provide video games, and others allow their employees to help themselves to a beer at lunch time, or provide unlimited high end sodas, juices, and coffee drinks.
- Putting a fridge in the work area can work out well, too.
It depends on your businesses circumstances but there will always be a way to make your employees’ break times more pleasant. Tailor your gifts to the crew you have and consider what they would enjoy the most. If they’re sports fans, the TV would be a great addition as well as memorabilia from their favorite teams. Music fans might like to have a good sound system that can be customized to play their preferred genres. Be creative and consider what your employees do for fun outside of the work environment and you can take it from there.
Filed under: Incentive Programs